Polly Plastics Moldable Plastic Pellets Review




I received a 10 ounce jar of Polly Plastics Moldable Plastic Pellets to review.


This was the first time I had ever used a moldable plastic product before. For a newbie I found the experience to be a lot of fun. When you receive this product in the mail,it comes with an instruction sheet on how to use it.  I decided to make an ornament for my 1st try.

Basically what I did was a couple of tablespoons of  beads and heat them up in water until it reached 151 degrees.(The instructions state 140 but they didn't turn clear at that temp for me) I used an old coffee mug and heated the water up for a minute and a half. I used a temperature gun to measure the temperature of the water. However if you don't have one,you will know the beads are ready to mold once they all turn clear in the water and stick together.

Once the beads are clear,I carefully scooped  them out with a spoon and removed the excess water. I used a lemon squeezer for this. I then was able to flatten it with my hands and use a metal cookie cutter to create a heart shaped ornament.  I used tin snips to cut around the edges. As you can see from the bottom photos,the plastic will go back to the white color once it's cooled and hardened. You can use paints designed for plastics to decorate it. You can also sand it and super glue it.

One 10 oz has enough plastic pellets to make a 2.5 inch cube.




Not bad for a 1st try. :)


Any excess plastic can be melted and reused again also. If you make a mistake you can reheat it and go over it as well.

If you would like to purchase Polly Plastic Moldable Pellets,they are available through Amazon.com and Prime shipping is available to Prime customers. Other sizes are available for purchase also. Just do a search for Polly Plastics. 

Thanks for reading!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting A HFC Business At Home by Ian Leaf

Old Factory Candles Review Fall Giveaway

Tenergy® T2000 Energy Saving Dimmable LED Desk Lamp Review