Beltane: Ten Tales of Witchcraft (ebook) Review

I receive this eBook free to review.

Don't let the cartoon cover fool you. This book is not for children. In my opinion, most fo the stories should be rated ages 18 and up. Some of the language and scene depictions are not suitable for minors.

Beltane:Ten Tales of Witchcraft was edited by Rayne Hall and written by the following authors.

1. AN ACCIDENTAL WITCH by Liv Rancourt
A little harmless magic nearly turns into more than this Wiccan can handle.

My thoughts: I enjoyed this story very much. It reminded me of another paranormal novel about a woman who summons a genie with her friends Witches and budding romance..

2. ALBA by Karen Heard
In a race against the clock, will Sgt. Taylor discover the witch behind the murders at Bindings Wood?

My thoughts: This story,while very good,was very sad. There was one typo in this one but otherwise a good story about an albino girl, witches and a murder mystery.

3. BY THE PRICKING OF MY THUMBS by Jonathan Broughton
Hell hath no fury like a witch scorned.

My thoughts:This story was really disturbing. I was glad when it was over. This was just too gross for my liking. No offense to the author.

4. THE CAT MAIDEN by Mertianna Georgia

This kitty cat is a lot more than what she seems.

My thoughts: I love cats and this story was my favorite out of all of them. It was previously published in Leafkin Anthology however this was the first time I read it.

5. THE MAY LADY VANISHES by Pamela Turner
A missing witch may tear this coven apart.

My thoughts:This was a good mystery involving a Coven of Witches and a missing woman. Enjoyable and interesting with romantic scenes,love triangles,and blackmail.

6. HANGING WITCH OF PAINTER MOUNTAIN by Lawrence Barker
On Painter Mountain, your lust for life or death is measured.

My thoughts:I liked the way this story was written in almost a western type of flair to it. It was like a witches tale out of the old west. 7. THIRTEEN STEPS by Debbie Christiana
The past returns, seeking justice.

My thoughts: I haven't read a story about an Italian Strega Witch in a long time. This was another story that had a surprise twist ending. Wickedly good.

8. FOUR BONY HANDS by Rayne Hall
Nasty things sometimes come in small packages.

My thoughts: This story put a whole new spin on Hansel and Gretel. I'm not commenting anything else as it would spoil the ending. This story was previously puiblished in Six Scary Tales Volume 1. It was the first time I had read it.

9. MISHMASH MAGICK by Carole Ann Moleti
Surviving in The Bronx requires new ways of doing things.

My thoughts: I liked that this story was set in the Bronx. It was a very urban witchy tale about a Santer'ia practicing witch.

10. LOVE MAGICK by Debra Dunbar
Sometimes magic will only show you what was there all along.

My thoughts:This was a sweet teenage love story involving a witch. Out of all of the stories in this book,this one I would say would be suited towards a young adult. This one in Mom approved.

To purchase this book on Amazon,please click on the link at the beginning of this post.

Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting A HFC Business At Home by Ian Leaf

Old Factory Candles Review Fall Giveaway

Tenergy® T2000 Energy Saving Dimmable LED Desk Lamp Review